The Benefits of Vinyl Replacement Windows
There are a number of considerable benefits to replacing the old windows in your Alexandria home with new vinyl windows from Smart Home Improvement. Older windows are generally made from either wood or aluminum. Aging windows can let in cold drafts in the winter and muggy, hot air in the summer. Wooden window frames wear out partly because they expand and contract from absorbing moisture. Aluminum windows are also inferior to vinyl, so if you have them in your home, you may want to consider getting replacement windows. As a metal, aluminum is conductive, so when the sun shines onto it, it transfers that heat into your home. Vinyl replacement windows are your best choice for keeping the outside out and the inside in.
Vinyl’s Many Advantages
Vinyl has become the top choice for windows among Alexandria homeowners and contractors. This versatile synthetic material has many advantages that make it a better choice for most homeowners than other materials like aluminum or wood.
- Vinyl replacement windows are low-maintenance. Vinyl windows are very difficult to scratch or damage, and they’re simple to clean. They won’t rot from moisture like wood, nor do they rust or corrode like metal.
- Vinyl windows come in a nearly endless variety of colors and styles. They come in a wide range of colors to best match your home’s décor, whether you prefer an antique bronze look or bright, quirky primary colors. You can even find vinyl windows made to mimic the look of wooden windows. Because they’re so customizable, vinyl is the best bet for Alexandria homeowners with a unique sense of style.
- Vinyl windows are more energy efficient. Because vinyl replacement windows insulate so well, you’ll save money on your utility bills since you won’t have to deal with drafts or hot, humid air seeping in around your windows.
- Vinyl replacement windows are simple to install. In many cases, they can be installed over your preexisting windows. You won’t have to deal with issues like damage to your drywall: vinyl window installation from the professionals at Smart Home Improvement is a quick and unintrusive process.
- Vinyl windows offer superior noise reduction. Not only do vinyl replacement windows keep out hot or cold outside air, they also keep out bothersome noise pollution from traffic, barking dogs, that neighbor kid’s loud music, and other nuisances.
- Vinyl windows look good for years to come. Unlike some other materials, exposure to sunlight won’t cause vinyl to fade.
Whether your home features a large picture window, charming bay windows, or simple double-hung styles, vinyl replacement windows are a great investment for Alexandria homeowners. Vinyl is a better insulator and a more durable material than wood or aluminum, and new vinyl windows can not only add value to your home, but help make your household more energy-efficient.